Getting Water Removal Started Fast for Flooded Lafayette Shops
Summer storms can bring flooding. Our IICRC team is equipped to repair any damage.
Quick Storm Response Can Protect Our Lafayette Shops and Stores from Greater Harm
Flash flooding and other rapidly developing storm conditions can leave stores and shops through bustling Lafayette contending with substantial flood damage. Our fast response to these emergencies can get mitigation efforts started as soon as possible.
Initial Actions that Must Precede Water Removal Services
With how rapidly flood damage in Lafayette businesses can get out of control, shops and stores should immediately seek professional assistance for extraction and cleaning. Specific actions must precede the water removal process, especially in retail locations, such as content relocation. Protecting your stock and wares is a priority of our responding team because a complete inventory loss can be devastating to a business.
The Right Extraction Tools for the Job
Eliminating standing water can be a considerable undertaking for responding technicians, depending on the amount of the building affected. Understanding how conditions vary and the appropriate tools for specific circumstances allow our experienced SERVPRO team to provide the ideal extraction equipment in any given situation. Our Green Fleet arrives with many powerful machines capable of prolonged water removal or portable spot extractions.
- Trash pumps
- Truck-mount extractors
- Light wands
- Carpet wands
- Wet vacuums
When your business suffers flood damage, there is more at stake than the building. Let our SERVPRO of Lafayette team help you get back up and running after these disasters. We are ready to help at (765) 420-0077.
Does the Water Mitigation Approach Determine the Percentage of Items Salvaged in Indian Village Properties?
Water can leave upholstery stained and discolored. Our SERVPRO techs know how to dry and restore your furniture.
SERVPRO Prioritizes Restoration Over Replacement When performing Water Damage Repairs
Overexposure to water can be a great enemy to most structural materials as well as contents in your Indian Village property. With appropriate water mitigation efforts, it is possible to manage some issues that moisture causes. However, some damaged items need removing. Professional help can cut back on disposal.
Before choosing a water mitigation approach for Indian Village homes affected by water intrusions, it is essential to recognize the impact of moisture on the materials in the house. Our SERVPRO technicians confirm the level of moisture absorbed by porous and semi-porous materials. We also check how the high moisture affects other vulnerable materials such as fabrics or metal items, allowing us to formulate a way to salvage more.
A response strategy is necessary when facing different problems, including:
For most porous and semi-porous materials, the time taken from the onset of water intrusion to the start of the intervention procedures determines damage levels. Taking too long is usually detrimental. For semi-porous materials such as solid wood, fast action, especially during drying, can also be detrimental. Our SERVPRO technicians take moisture readings using penetrative moisture meters.
Knowing the moisture percentage eases decision-making. For instance, if drywall has a moisture percentage over 17%, it is no longer salvageable. However, we do not tear down entire walls. Instead, we make flood-cuts removing only the soggy sections.
Other steps that help save more valuables include:
- Separating different colored fabrics to prevent stains and discoloration.
- Moving furniture resting on carpets to avoid rust stains.
- Establishing humidity control measures.
SERVPRO of Lafayette uses the most convenient water mitigation approaches to resolve any issue in your property, “Like it never even happened.” Call us at (765) 420-0077.
What Is the Best Cleaning Approach for Odor Control During Fire Damage Restoration In Lafayette?
You don’t want a constant smoke odor to remind you of the fire. SERVPRO is available to remove the odors and restore your home.
SERVPRO Combines Various Deodorization Products During to Eliminate Odors House Fire Clean Up
One of the most complex issues to resolve after a fire incident at your Lafayette home is the smoky odor that lingers in your property long after other damages are addressed. Incorporating odor removal in the cleaning process can simplify the restoration of normalcy.
It is rare for one method to address all odor issues since different substances cause various smells. For more effectiveness, the methods used during fire damage restoration in your Lafayette home should address various substances and reach all areas within your property. Since cleaning eliminates a significant percentage of odors, SERVPRO increases potency by using chemical agents with odor control properties.
Odor control is necessary whether your goal is:
- Fire damage restoration
- Smoke remediation
- Water & fire damage restorations
- House fire clean up
Odor counteractants can be mixed with cleaning solutions or applied before or after finishing the cleaning action. One line of products our SERVPRO technicians rely on is water-based deodorizers that can add directly to the cleaning solution. We choose products with a variety of dilution ratios and uses.
Other considerations when choosing the deodorizer include the ability to use:
- At different temperatures
- At extreme pH levels
- With a variety of odor sources
Some odors penetrate deep into materials making it difficult for regular cleaning to eliminate them, especially since over wetting materials can cause other issues. Water-based mist deodorizers or solvent-based fragrances can help in such cases. Our SERVPRO technicians use ULV foggers to dispense water-based deodorizers. They produce a fine mist, barely visible, thus ensuring maximum penetration into materials. Thermal foggers help dispense solvent-based deodorizers.
SERVPRO of Lafayette resolves any complex issue encountered during fire damage restoration, "Like it never even happened." You can reach us at (765) 420-0077 when you need assistance.
What Is Expected During Water Damage Mitigation in Lafayette Homes?
Water damage? This is no issue for SERVPRO! We can handle all of your water damage restoration needs.
SERVPRO Expects Variable Damage Thus Prepares for Comprehensive Water Damage Repairs
Bursts pipes or other sources can release significant amounts of water into a property. As the water spreads primarily through gravity, you might expect a uniform damage pattern. However, damages usually vary based on the type of material or its location within your Lafayette home.
When planning the water damage mitigation process in Lafayette properties, there is a need to understand how various damages occur. For instance, although the standing water collects on floors, you might find damages on the ceiling if evaporated moisture condenses. Our SERVPRO technicians rely on their property inspection and their vast experience handling similar problems to develop the proper mitigation plan.
Mitigation is necessary under different circumstances, including:
- Water cleanup
- Leaking roof from storms
- Ceiling repairs from water damages
- Cleaning up after a sewer backup
Restoration processes help eliminate already developed problems such as pools of water, deterioration of materials such as sheetrock and insulation, among other things. Our SERVPRO technicians achieve this by drawing on their training and using advanced extraction and drying equipment.
Typical moisture management tools include:
- LGR dehumidifiers
- Portable or truck-mounted surface extractors
- Deep extractors such as water claws
Preventing secondary problems is also essential during the water damage mitigation process. One common issue is moisture transfer from one section to another. Hygroscopic materials such as drywall panels can absorb moisture from the air leading to unnecessary damage. Our SERVPRO technicians prevent this by making calculations to determine the correct ratio of air movers to dehumidifiers. We also set drying goals for the entire process.
SERVPRO of Lafayette can help you plan a water damage mitigation exercise properly. Call us at (765) 420-0077. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Did You Spot Mold Damage in Your Lafayette Commercial Property? Call SERVPRO
Mold is off-putting to your employees and customers. SERVPRO knows how to safely perform mold removal and remediation.
Lafayette Businesses Rely on SERVPRO for Mold Damage Mitigation
Discovering mold damage at your commercial property in Lafayette is not a good sign by any means. Unmitigated mold can spread quickly throughout the structure and can cause health effects as well. SERVPRO mold specialists can help you mitigate the problem safely and efficiently.
Mold damage to your Lafayette establishment is not merely an aesthetic issue; it can cause significant structural damage as well. SERVPRO technicians employ a five-point strategy recommended by IICRC called the S520 Mold Remediation Standard. It is one of the most exhaustive methods of mold remediation.
The SERVPRO Mold Remediation Strategy for Lafayette Properties
Mold remediation from Lafayette commercial spaces is done using the following five principal steps:
- Provide a safe environment- Safety is paramount while dealing with mold damage. SERVPRO uses best safety practices such as establishing containment zones to limit mold exposure during the remediation process.
- Proper documentation- Technicians document everything, including the extent of contamination, level of moisture, among other details, during a mold inspection. The remediation is based on the specifics noted during documentation.
- Containment- Containing the damaged area is essential as mold spores are airborne. SERVPRO mold specialists use physical barriers and negative air pressure to contain the mold and prevent the spores from spreading to uncontaminated areas.
- Remove contamination- If the contamination is extensive and cleaning is not an option, SERVPRO tech can physically remove the contaminated object for safe disposal. Porous materials such as drywall, clothing items, and upholstery might need to be eliminated if contamination is extensive.
- Correct the moisture problem- Mold loves moisture. If there are any moisture issues, SERVPRO technicians deal with them to bring the moisture level back to normal.
Call SERVPRO of Lafayette at (765) 420-0077. Our mold specialists are ready 24/7 to help you.
SERVPRO Helps Lafayette Businesses in Water Restoration after a Water Incident
Water damage can cause downtime for businesses. SERVPRO is standing by to dry your office, with the least intrusion as possible.
Lafayette Entrepreneurs Turn to SERVPRO for Water Damage Restoration of Their Place of Business
Water damage restoration of your Lafayette place of business is a complex task that is fit for professional restorers. SERVPRO's IICRC certified water damage restoration technicians (WRTs) can get your business up and running in no time after a water incident.
SERVPRO technicians have experience in water damage restoration of Lafayette commercial properties caused by several incidents, including:
- Burst pipes
- Ceiling leaks
- Faulty plumbing
- Leaking roofs from storms
One of the most fundamental aspects of water damage remediation is getting rid of the odor. The lingering smell after water damage can drive your customers out if not appropriately mitigated. SERVPRO technicians use various methods to eliminate odor from multiple surfaces, including carpets, upholstery, and even hard surfaces.
How do SERVPRO Odor Control Technicians (OCTs) tackle odor during Water Cleanup from Your Lafayette Commercial Property?
Water in your Lafayette commercial property can harm various surfaces. SERVPRO techs use different methods to combat odors on these surfaces.
- Carpeting-Carpets can be notoriously difficult to dry and can develop a foul odor. SERVPRO technicians use ULV and thermal foggers to mask smells in carpets during water damage repairs. In some cases, we might even use a disinfectant that can also help combat the odors.
- Upholstery-Water can damage upholstery and can cause it to smell bad. SERVPRO techs use a masking deodorizer to eliminate the odors after carefully removing the residual moisture during the water cleanup process.
- Walls and ceilings-Once the walls and ceiling surfaces are dry, ULV and Thermal foggers are usually used to eliminate any significant odors.
Call SERVPRO of Lafayette at (765) 420-0077 for round-the-clock water damage restoration services.
SERVPRO Offers Premier Flood Damage Restoration Services to Lafayette Residents
Floodwater contains contaminants. Don’t go it alone. SERVPRO is available 24/7 to safely remove the water.
Lafayette Residents Turn to SERVPRO After Flood Damage to Their Homes
Flood damage to your Lafayette home can bring with it a scene of destruction that can be overwhelming for any homeowner to witness. SERVPRO's flood restoration experts, with their experience and expertise, are right by your side to help you in these difficult times.
Among the first things that SERVPRO suggests you do after flood damage to your Lafayette home is ensuring your family's safety. Leave the water damage restoration to our flood restoration experts; We're Faster To Any Size Disaster. One of the primary issues to be wary about after a flooding incidence in Lafayette is the level of contamination in the floodwater.
SERVPRO experts need to employ different strategies to deal with contamination in floodwater after a storm. A successful restoration effort is contingent on understanding the types and levels of contamination during water cleanup after a flood.
Types of floodwaters found in Lafayette homes during flood restoration by SERVPRO.
SERVPRO restoration experts deal with different types of floodwaters after a storm incidence in Lafayette.
- Clean water-It is the least contaminated floodwater and does not pose any immediate health hazard. However, it can get contaminated in as little as 48 hours if not removed during the flood restoration. Typically, this is from plumbing or appliance malfunctions.
- Gray water-Contains microbial contamination and occurs if floodwater mixes with broken sewer lines. It poses a health risk, and SERVPRO techs eliminate it using proper precautions during water damage repairs.
- Black water-Often seen in city-wide flooding and might contain raw sewage, human waste, and chemicals. It includes dangerous harmful bacteria levels, and SERVPRO does not clean and disinfect items such as carpets, pads, and walls affected by black water. These items need discarding.
Call SERVPRO of Lafayette at (765) 420-0077 for a 24/7 service regarding any water issue.
Looking for Professional Water Damage Restoration Service in Indian Village? Call SERVPRO
Unchecked water damage can case mold growth. Don’t DIY the cleanup. Call SERVPRO!
SERVPRO Offers 24/7 Water Cleanup Service for Indian Village Residents
Water damage to your Indian Village home can sometimes seem harmless, and you might not pay enough attention to it. However, if water seeps into the flooring material or drywall structure, your property stands a risk of incurring extended damage. SERVPRO can offer you a professional assessment of your Indian Village home and help you determine the risk factors.
If the experts at SERVPRO find extensive water damage due to burst pipes, ceiling leaks, or any other cause, immediate action is taken. Our goal is to keep the water damage at your Indian Village home from escalating into any significant issue.
How SERVPRO Mitigates Water Damage in Indian Village Homes?
If there is unmitigated water damage at your home for over 24 hours, it can cause microbial contamination. The primary steps that SERVPRO restorers take for mitigation during water damage repair in Indian Village are:
- Removal of the excess moisture- Fast drying is the first step in the remediation process. Reduction of humidity slows down the microbial growth and prevents contamination from spreading at your Indian Village home.
- Use of Antimicrobials- Chemicals in these agents either eliminate the microbes (Biocides) or prevent them from growing. Antimicrobials may contain phenols, chlorine, alcohol, or quaternary ammonium compounds.
Call SERVPRO of Lafayette at (765) 420-0077 for fast and efficient water damage restoration service.
SERVPRO Offers Premier Water Mitigation Services at Lafayette
No matter the source of the water loss, SERVPRO is equipped and trained to restore your home!
SERVPRO can Help in Water Damage Mitigation of Your Lafayette Home
Perhaps best known as the Home of Purdue University, Lafayette is one of the fastest-growing cities of Indiana. The city was founded in 1825 and named after the French general Marquis de Lafayette, a Revolutionary war hero. A friendly community and a rich history make Lafayette an attractive place to visit.
Places such as Prophetstown State Park and Tippecanoe Battlefield Memorial paint a picture of the city's glorious past. On the other hand, Purdue University offers many fun things to do as well. The city's downtown is also quite vibrant, with plenty of shops, restaurants, and even farmer's markets.
Following are just a few things to do while you are in the glorious city of Lafayette, Indiana:
- Prophetstown State Park-The main attraction of the park is The Farm at Prophetstown. It is a living-history museum offering a glimpse into the history of the native cultures of the area. The park also has an Aquatic center and contains a 4200 square foot pool and a lazy river ride. Several hiking and biking trails can help you connect with the environment as well.
- Wabash Heritage Trail- A 13-mile-long pedestrian path parallels the Wabash river. It begins at the Tippecanoe Battlefield Park and ends at Fort Ouiatenon. The entire route is free of any motor-driven vehicles. The scenic beauty of the path and a ton of tourist attraction along the way makes it a must-visit place while in Lafayette.
- Tippecanoe Battlefield Park- The park memorializes the 1811 clash between the natives and new settlers. The first thing you see upon park entry is an 85-foot obelisk constructed in 1908. There is a museum having all sorts of historically important exhibits. Many trails around the park are also available for hiking and biking.
- Lafayette Downtown- One of the most bustling places of the city, downtown Lafayette is a foot-traffic friendly space. There are many stores, restaurants, and local shops lining the main street. One of the most popular storefronts is McCord Candies, a century-old candy store still selling hand-made candies.
Lafayette Homeowners Count on SERVPRO for Water Damage Cleanup
Water damage to your Lafayette property can be expensive to mitigate, especially if you don't take swift action. SERVPRO water damage restoration experts can handle water damage due to a variety of reasons, including:
- Burst pipes
- Ceiling leaks
- Basement flooding
- Sewer backup
SERVPRO technicians understand the unique needs of the city to offer a premier water damage repair service. We use state-of-the-art equipment to mitigate water damage, including:
- We have a range of pumps that can remove water from even the tallest buildings in Lafayette.
- Our moisture sensing and monitoring equipment ensure that the moisture content is brought back to a preloss state.
- We use water moving and dehumidifying equipment to remove residual moisture and prevent any secondary damage.
Call SERVPRO of Lafayette at (765) 420-0077 for fast and efficient water damage mitigation.
SERVPRO Offers a Fast and Efficient Fire Damage Restoration in Lafayette
Small fires can cause a lot of smoke and soot residue. Do you know how to clean it? SERVPRO does!
Why do Lafayette Residents Need Professional Fire Damage Restoration Services?
Fire and smoke damage can leave your Lafayette home in a state of utter chaos. The soot residue covering all possible surfaces and the odor of a fire-damaged home are hard to eliminate. What you need in situations like this is professional help. SERVPRO has a team of expert restorers having years of experience dealing with all kinds of fire-related disasters in Lafayette.
The SERVPRO team of restorers uses different methods and products depending on residue and the surface involved.
How SERVPRO Techs Eliminate Residue During House Fire Cleanup in Lafayette?
The residue left after the fire and smoke needs capturing before removal. SERVPRO technicians use air and fluids to suspend the particles before eliminating them. The two ways this is accomplished in your Lafayette home include:
- Vacuuming- SERVPRO restorers remove dry smoke residue by vacuuming. Such residues are mostly solid carbon particles formed in intense, fast-burning, and oxygen-rich fires. Vacuuming is not preferred if the residues get wet.
- Dissolving- If the residue after smoke damage does not consist of loose particles, technicians dissolve it before removal. Dissolving the residue loosens their bond with the surface. SERVPRO technicians use various water-based or solvent-based cleaning products during fire damage restoration.
SERVPRO of Lafayette is here to help you 24/7; call (765) 420-0077 today.