Did You Spot Mold Damage in Your Lafayette Commercial Property? Call SERVPRO
Mold is off-putting to your employees and customers. SERVPRO knows how to safely perform mold removal and remediation.
Lafayette Businesses Rely on SERVPRO for Mold Damage Mitigation
Discovering mold damage at your commercial property in Lafayette is not a good sign by any means. Unmitigated mold can spread quickly throughout the structure and can cause health effects as well. SERVPRO mold specialists can help you mitigate the problem safely and efficiently.
Mold damage to your Lafayette establishment is not merely an aesthetic issue; it can cause significant structural damage as well. SERVPRO technicians employ a five-point strategy recommended by IICRC called the S520 Mold Remediation Standard. It is one of the most exhaustive methods of mold remediation.
The SERVPRO Mold Remediation Strategy for Lafayette Properties
Mold remediation from Lafayette commercial spaces is done using the following five principal steps:
- Provide a safe environment- Safety is paramount while dealing with mold damage. SERVPRO uses best safety practices such as establishing containment zones to limit mold exposure during the remediation process.
- Proper documentation- Technicians document everything, including the extent of contamination, level of moisture, among other details, during a mold inspection. The remediation is based on the specifics noted during documentation.
- Containment- Containing the damaged area is essential as mold spores are airborne. SERVPRO mold specialists use physical barriers and negative air pressure to contain the mold and prevent the spores from spreading to uncontaminated areas.
- Remove contamination- If the contamination is extensive and cleaning is not an option, SERVPRO tech can physically remove the contaminated object for safe disposal. Porous materials such as drywall, clothing items, and upholstery might need to be eliminated if contamination is extensive.
- Correct the moisture problem- Mold loves moisture. If there are any moisture issues, SERVPRO technicians deal with them to bring the moisture level back to normal.
Call SERVPRO of Lafayette at (765) 420-0077. Our mold specialists are ready 24/7 to help you.
SERVPRO Helps Lafayette Businesses in Water Restoration after a Water Incident
Water damage can cause downtime for businesses. SERVPRO is standing by to dry your office, with the least intrusion as possible.
Lafayette Entrepreneurs Turn to SERVPRO for Water Damage Restoration of Their Place of Business
Water damage restoration of your Lafayette place of business is a complex task that is fit for professional restorers. SERVPRO's IICRC certified water damage restoration technicians (WRTs) can get your business up and running in no time after a water incident.
SERVPRO technicians have experience in water damage restoration of Lafayette commercial properties caused by several incidents, including:
- Burst pipes
- Ceiling leaks
- Faulty plumbing
- Leaking roofs from storms
One of the most fundamental aspects of water damage remediation is getting rid of the odor. The lingering smell after water damage can drive your customers out if not appropriately mitigated. SERVPRO technicians use various methods to eliminate odor from multiple surfaces, including carpets, upholstery, and even hard surfaces.
How do SERVPRO Odor Control Technicians (OCTs) tackle odor during Water Cleanup from Your Lafayette Commercial Property?
Water in your Lafayette commercial property can harm various surfaces. SERVPRO techs use different methods to combat odors on these surfaces.
- Carpeting-Carpets can be notoriously difficult to dry and can develop a foul odor. SERVPRO technicians use ULV and thermal foggers to mask smells in carpets during water damage repairs. In some cases, we might even use a disinfectant that can also help combat the odors.
- Upholstery-Water can damage upholstery and can cause it to smell bad. SERVPRO techs use a masking deodorizer to eliminate the odors after carefully removing the residual moisture during the water cleanup process.
- Walls and ceilings-Once the walls and ceiling surfaces are dry, ULV and Thermal foggers are usually used to eliminate any significant odors.
Call SERVPRO of Lafayette at (765) 420-0077 for round-the-clock water damage restoration services.
SERVPRO Offers Premier Flood Damage Restoration Services to Lafayette Residents
Floodwater contains contaminants. Don’t go it alone. SERVPRO is available 24/7 to safely remove the water.
Lafayette Residents Turn to SERVPRO After Flood Damage to Their Homes
Flood damage to your Lafayette home can bring with it a scene of destruction that can be overwhelming for any homeowner to witness. SERVPRO's flood restoration experts, with their experience and expertise, are right by your side to help you in these difficult times.
Among the first things that SERVPRO suggests you do after flood damage to your Lafayette home is ensuring your family's safety. Leave the water damage restoration to our flood restoration experts; We're Faster To Any Size Disaster. One of the primary issues to be wary about after a flooding incidence in Lafayette is the level of contamination in the floodwater.
SERVPRO experts need to employ different strategies to deal with contamination in floodwater after a storm. A successful restoration effort is contingent on understanding the types and levels of contamination during water cleanup after a flood.
Types of floodwaters found in Lafayette homes during flood restoration by SERVPRO.
SERVPRO restoration experts deal with different types of floodwaters after a storm incidence in Lafayette.
- Clean water-It is the least contaminated floodwater and does not pose any immediate health hazard. However, it can get contaminated in as little as 48 hours if not removed during the flood restoration. Typically, this is from plumbing or appliance malfunctions.
- Gray water-Contains microbial contamination and occurs if floodwater mixes with broken sewer lines. It poses a health risk, and SERVPRO techs eliminate it using proper precautions during water damage repairs.
- Black water-Often seen in city-wide flooding and might contain raw sewage, human waste, and chemicals. It includes dangerous harmful bacteria levels, and SERVPRO does not clean and disinfect items such as carpets, pads, and walls affected by black water. These items need discarding.
Call SERVPRO of Lafayette at (765) 420-0077 for a 24/7 service regarding any water issue.
Looking for Professional Water Damage Restoration Service in Indian Village? Call SERVPRO
Unchecked water damage can case mold growth. Don’t DIY the cleanup. Call SERVPRO!
SERVPRO Offers 24/7 Water Cleanup Service for Indian Village Residents
Water damage to your Indian Village home can sometimes seem harmless, and you might not pay enough attention to it. However, if water seeps into the flooring material or drywall structure, your property stands a risk of incurring extended damage. SERVPRO can offer you a professional assessment of your Indian Village home and help you determine the risk factors.
If the experts at SERVPRO find extensive water damage due to burst pipes, ceiling leaks, or any other cause, immediate action is taken. Our goal is to keep the water damage at your Indian Village home from escalating into any significant issue.
How SERVPRO Mitigates Water Damage in Indian Village Homes?
If there is unmitigated water damage at your home for over 24 hours, it can cause microbial contamination. The primary steps that SERVPRO restorers take for mitigation during water damage repair in Indian Village are:
- Removal of the excess moisture- Fast drying is the first step in the remediation process. Reduction of humidity slows down the microbial growth and prevents contamination from spreading at your Indian Village home.
- Use of Antimicrobials- Chemicals in these agents either eliminate the microbes (Biocides) or prevent them from growing. Antimicrobials may contain phenols, chlorine, alcohol, or quaternary ammonium compounds.
Call SERVPRO of Lafayette at (765) 420-0077 for fast and efficient water damage restoration service.
SERVPRO Offers Premier Water Mitigation Services at Lafayette
No matter the source of the water loss, SERVPRO is equipped and trained to restore your home!
SERVPRO can Help in Water Damage Mitigation of Your Lafayette Home
Perhaps best known as the Home of Purdue University, Lafayette is one of the fastest-growing cities of Indiana. The city was founded in 1825 and named after the French general Marquis de Lafayette, a Revolutionary war hero. A friendly community and a rich history make Lafayette an attractive place to visit.
Places such as Prophetstown State Park and Tippecanoe Battlefield Memorial paint a picture of the city's glorious past. On the other hand, Purdue University offers many fun things to do as well. The city's downtown is also quite vibrant, with plenty of shops, restaurants, and even farmer's markets.
Following are just a few things to do while you are in the glorious city of Lafayette, Indiana:
- Prophetstown State Park-The main attraction of the park is The Farm at Prophetstown. It is a living-history museum offering a glimpse into the history of the native cultures of the area. The park also has an Aquatic center and contains a 4200 square foot pool and a lazy river ride. Several hiking and biking trails can help you connect with the environment as well.
- Wabash Heritage Trail- A 13-mile-long pedestrian path parallels the Wabash river. It begins at the Tippecanoe Battlefield Park and ends at Fort Ouiatenon. The entire route is free of any motor-driven vehicles. The scenic beauty of the path and a ton of tourist attraction along the way makes it a must-visit place while in Lafayette.
- Tippecanoe Battlefield Park- The park memorializes the 1811 clash between the natives and new settlers. The first thing you see upon park entry is an 85-foot obelisk constructed in 1908. There is a museum having all sorts of historically important exhibits. Many trails around the park are also available for hiking and biking.
- Lafayette Downtown- One of the most bustling places of the city, downtown Lafayette is a foot-traffic friendly space. There are many stores, restaurants, and local shops lining the main street. One of the most popular storefronts is McCord Candies, a century-old candy store still selling hand-made candies.
Lafayette Homeowners Count on SERVPRO for Water Damage Cleanup
Water damage to your Lafayette property can be expensive to mitigate, especially if you don't take swift action. SERVPRO water damage restoration experts can handle water damage due to a variety of reasons, including:
- Burst pipes
- Ceiling leaks
- Basement flooding
- Sewer backup
SERVPRO technicians understand the unique needs of the city to offer a premier water damage repair service. We use state-of-the-art equipment to mitigate water damage, including:
- We have a range of pumps that can remove water from even the tallest buildings in Lafayette.
- Our moisture sensing and monitoring equipment ensure that the moisture content is brought back to a preloss state.
- We use water moving and dehumidifying equipment to remove residual moisture and prevent any secondary damage.
Call SERVPRO of Lafayette at (765) 420-0077 for fast and efficient water damage mitigation.
SERVPRO Offers a Fast and Efficient Fire Damage Restoration in Lafayette
Small fires can cause a lot of smoke and soot residue. Do you know how to clean it? SERVPRO does!
Why do Lafayette Residents Need Professional Fire Damage Restoration Services?
Fire and smoke damage can leave your Lafayette home in a state of utter chaos. The soot residue covering all possible surfaces and the odor of a fire-damaged home are hard to eliminate. What you need in situations like this is professional help. SERVPRO has a team of expert restorers having years of experience dealing with all kinds of fire-related disasters in Lafayette.
The SERVPRO team of restorers uses different methods and products depending on residue and the surface involved.
How SERVPRO Techs Eliminate Residue During House Fire Cleanup in Lafayette?
The residue left after the fire and smoke needs capturing before removal. SERVPRO technicians use air and fluids to suspend the particles before eliminating them. The two ways this is accomplished in your Lafayette home include:
- Vacuuming- SERVPRO restorers remove dry smoke residue by vacuuming. Such residues are mostly solid carbon particles formed in intense, fast-burning, and oxygen-rich fires. Vacuuming is not preferred if the residues get wet.
- Dissolving- If the residue after smoke damage does not consist of loose particles, technicians dissolve it before removal. Dissolving the residue loosens their bond with the surface. SERVPRO technicians use various water-based or solvent-based cleaning products during fire damage restoration.
SERVPRO of Lafayette is here to help you 24/7; call (765) 420-0077 today.
Professional Flood Restoration and Stormwater Extraction in Lafayette
Do you know how to restore storm water damage? SERVPRO does! We are ready and equipped to restore Lafayette homes!
Basement Flooding Cleanup Calls for Heavy-Duty Equipment – Call SERVPRO to Your Lafayette Home!
Water damage remediation has many working parts. Calling in a team to handle the water cleanup when you have basement flooding after a storm gets you results much faster than any DIY project could achieve. SERVPRO is available for water removal services and water damage repairs to bring your home back to pre-flooding condition quickly!
Stormwater extraction in Lafayette is something you need to begin as soon as possible. We have a water mitigation team ready to get to work with steps that include:
- Worksite preparation, including setting up a staging area
- Assessing the water and potential contamination levels
- Protecting all workers and occupants
- Putting engineering controls in place
Extraction of water begins, including powerful pumps to pull up standing water and any debris contained within. Our team has access to truck-mounted and portable extraction equipment that helps us to quickly remove excess water from your flooring, including carpets and the padding below. Depending on the nature of your storm damage and flooding, we also have tools to remove standing water that may have migrated into your HVAC system using a vacuum hose put into the supply and return ducts.
All stormwater extraction jobs get wrapped up with thorough drying and sanitization to keep foul odors and mildew from developing. Call SERVPRO of Lafayette at (765) 420-0077 when you need a crew at your door for emergency service!
Water Damage Remediation and Flood Damage Cleanup Go Hand-In-Hand
SERVPRO is available 24/7 to handle any storm damage that comes our way.
Lafayette Residents Trust SERVPRO to Handle Flood Damage Fast After a Storm Rolls Through
Located within Tippecanoe County in Indiana, the city of Lafayette is just a bit to the southeast of Chicago. Home to well-known Purdue University on the West Side, Lafayette is a bustling and ever-growing city.
Lafayette was founded initially along the Wabash River southeast bank in 1825. The original name for the settlement came from a Revolutionary War hero named Marquis de Lafayette. This area was also the first site for official airmail delivery within the United States, with the first drop being on August 17, 1859. In 1863, the Lafayette Fire Department received the first steam engine, followed by motorized fire engines, in 1911 after they took one to test independently. In
In the 20th century, Greater Lafayette's region became the first place within the entire state to receive internet when the college town connection got up and running.
There are many famous names that you may recognize that come from Lafayette, Indiana, including:
- Axl Rose, singer for Guns n' Roses
- Shannon Hoon, singer for Blind Melon
- Claudia Lee, television actress
- Sydney Pollack, director
- Dustin Keller, football player
- Jeremy Camp, rock singer
Exploring Some of the Activities That Lafayette Has to Offer
Whether you are looking to get out to enjoy nature, take a tour, or visit historical sites, there are many great things to see and do. Some of the top attractions and activities in Lafayette include:
- Columbian Park Zoo– Located on Scott Street, this is a beautiful place to bring the entire family. Some of this Lafayette attraction's notable aspects include observation domes, a butterfly garden, a petting zoo, free-roaming animals, and play spaces for kids.
- Tee Off Golf Driving Range –You will find this innovative driving range located on Memorial Parkway East, where you can practice your swing and explore an 18-hole virtual golf course.
- Exploration Acres –Outdoor activities in good weather with the addition of special events during the fall season; this is what you will find at this destination on Newcastle Road. There are various activities for kids, like the tractor train, pedal carts, play area, and trike track. Fall brings the corn maze, hayrides, and pumpkin patch.
Why Are Dehumidifiers Part of Flood Damage Cleanup? SERVPRO Has the Right Equipment for All Lafayette Water Clean Up Jobs!
After a storm, calling SERVPRO to your Lafayette property ensures water removal services, moisture control, basement flooding cleanup, and drying. To facilitate the project, we bring a vast assortment of equipment to the job site.
For flood damage in Lafayette, some of the equipment we bring into a storm-ravaged property will be dehumidifiers. Some of the reasons a dehumidifier is imperative for any water damage restoration job to include:
- They remove moisture from the air after evaporation.
- Proper positioning circulates the air to facilitate drying.
- Dehumidifiers offer a continuous source of valuable dry air.
Our SERVPRO of Lafayette crew uses unique formulas to ensure the right equipment gets used for all emergency services water damage calls. If you need help with flood damage after a storm, call us at (765) 420-0077.
Fire Damage Restoration in Indian Village When You Need It
SERVPRO has the tools and cleaners to restore your fire damaged home and possessions. Call us today!
Indian Village Residents Can Trust SERVPRO to be Available 24/7 for House Fire Clean Up
The fallout after fire and smoke damage in your home can feel overwhelming and seem like a daunting process to begin. Having SERVPRO’s number handy ensures you have a team available for fire and smoke damage restoration and cleanup in Indian Village as soon as possible.
When it comes to fire restoration in Indian Village, it is essential to handle all soot and smoke residue so that no foul odors get left behind. Not only that, but the smoke and soot residue is corrosive, so it must get cleaned up carefully and quickly. Our fire and smoke restoration technicians work to capture and remove all residues by vacuuming dry particles before applying any wet cleaning products.
We dissolve tough soils and residues so that they get suspended and easier to remove using the following steps:
- Washing with a cleaning agent
- Rinsing to remove soils with the solution
- Drying with low humidity, heat, and air movement
SERVPRO of Lafayette has the proven methods to restore fire damaged homes quickly and efficiently. When you need someone to help with fire restoration, call our crew at (765) 420-0077, and we will send technicians out to your property as soon as possible. Once we get finished, your home will be just, “Like it never even happened.”
Keep Your HVAC System Clean and Reduce Mold Growth
Ducts are just one area in a home where mold can grow. Inspect your home often for signs of moisture and mold growth.
SERVPRO Offers Mold Damage Prevention Tips to Lafayette Residents
A preventive measure to prevent mold is to keep your HVAC system clean. When your HVAC system is running, it can spread mold spores through the air ducts. The spores then circulate throughout the air and into every room in the house.
Reducing the Chance for Mold Growth
While mold spores are everywhere and you cannot entirely remove them, reducing them as much as possible can prohibit the chance of growth. Mold damage in Lafayette homes is commonplace. Keeping your HVAC system clean is just one of the things you can do to prevent mold colonies' development. Other actions that can help include:
- Do not let moisture develop in the home.
- If you live in a high humidity area, run a dehumidifier.
- Check basements, pipes, and sink areas often for signs of mold.
- Install exhaust fans in bathrooms.
If you find mold in your home, let the experts at SERVPRO of Lafayette mitigate the mold damage for you. DIY methods of mold removal often do more harm than good, so avoid cleaning up with those techniques. We have specialized equipment and certified technicians that remediate your mold problem safely. Contact us at (765) 420-0077 for professional mold damage removal.