Know How Electrical Fires Can Start in Your Battle Ground Home
Trust SERVPRO for your fire restoration needs
Home fires in Battle Ground are bad enough, but electrical fires can bring a whole new level of danger and are harder to fight. They are started of course by electricity, which means that putting water on them does not have the desired effect. It could, in fact, just make a bad problem much worse. Most of these fires are started because of incorrectly installed wiring or overloaded extension cords.
The colder months are the most dangerous times for electrical fires in Battle Ground, with more usage due to appliances, heating, and lighting. These fires and the resulting fire damage can be generated from several causes, like old, worn out wiring, plus light bulbs, fixtures, and cords running underneath area rugs or carpeting.
Even after a small fire, you could be left looking at much damage, between the flames, soot, and smoke, plus efforts to put the fire out. After an electrical fire in your home, you need our professional help at SERVPRO. We are trained and certified to handle any fire damage so that your home is properly cleaned and restored back to its usual condition.
There are precautions for safety you can take to avoid electrical fires, like regular inspections of your wiring and appliances to ensure they are all in good condition. You should also replace any electrical components which are worn out or not properly functioning. Keep curtains, clothes, and other materials which are flammable three feet or more from all heaters, and do not overload your extension cords or wall sockets.
Proper wiring is essential as well. Do not force a three-pronged plug into a socket with just two holes, or use it with an extension cord. If a light switch is hot to the touch or the lights flicker, get them professionally replaced.
Our IICRC-certified technicians want to help you after a fire. Not only do we want to restore your home, but also give you the peace of mind that it is going to be done appropriately and in a timely fashion. We want you to worry about you and your family instead of the repair work.
Trusting SERVPRO of Lafayette is the right thing to do after fire damage of any magnitude. If you are residing in Battle Ground, West Lafayette, or Indian Village and experience a fire, give us a call when the fire is out at (765) 420-0077.
Click here to learn more about the Battle Ground Fire Station.