What Can I Do to Protect My Lafayette Home from Flood Damage?
You Can Protect It from Flood Damage by Blocking Potential Water Entry Points, Etc.
Lafayette and the rest of the Midwest experience powerful storms and flooding rains each spring. These torrential rains overflow local waterways and ultimately flood nearby homes. To keep most of this stormwater from entering your residence, you must block potential water entry points and do a few other essential things.
SERVPRO, a flood damage remediator in Lafayette, asserts that it is possible to protect your home from rising floodwaters by taking appropriate actions. These actions mainly involve blocking, impeding, or diverting approaching waters from your property. Some of the specific measures you can take are:
- Ensuring that drainage networks on your property are cleared, well-maintained, and able to effectively drain water away from your house
- Repairing cracked and otherwise damaged foundations to seal potential entryways for incoming floodwaters that could cause basement flooding
- Removing or trimming trees in your yard that could fall and potentially block water drainage away from your home
- Sandbagging the perimeter of your land to divert approaching floodwaters around or away from your residence
- Turning off your water and electric utilities to prevent them from contributing to further flood damage
- Simply by taking these actions, local homeowners can better protect their homes and limit their need for biohazard remediation, water removal services, and water damage repairs.
With all that said, if you ever do need flood damage remediation services, remember that your helpful neighbors at SERVPRO of Lafayette are always ready to assist you. Regardless of whether you need biohazard remediation, sewage cleanup, water removal, or emergency water damage services, we are here to answer your call at (765) 420-0077.