Water Damage Remediation and Flood Damage Cleanup Go Hand-In-Hand
Lafayette Residents Trust SERVPRO to Handle Flood Damage Fast After a Storm Rolls Through
Located within Tippecanoe County in Indiana, the city of Lafayette is just a bit to the southeast of Chicago. Home to well-known Purdue University on the West Side, Lafayette is a bustling and ever-growing city.
Lafayette was founded initially along the Wabash River southeast bank in 1825. The original name for the settlement came from a Revolutionary War hero named Marquis de Lafayette. This area was also the first site for official airmail delivery within the United States, with the first drop being on August 17, 1859. In 1863, the Lafayette Fire Department received the first steam engine, followed by motorized fire engines, in 1911 after they took one to test independently. In
In the 20th century, Greater Lafayette's region became the first place within the entire state to receive internet when the college town connection got up and running.
There are many famous names that you may recognize that come from Lafayette, Indiana, including:
- Axl Rose, singer for Guns n' Roses
- Shannon Hoon, singer for Blind Melon
- Claudia Lee, television actress
- Sydney Pollack, director
- Dustin Keller, football player
- Jeremy Camp, rock singer
Exploring Some of the Activities That Lafayette Has to Offer
Whether you are looking to get out to enjoy nature, take a tour, or visit historical sites, there are many great things to see and do. Some of the top attractions and activities in Lafayette include:
- Columbian Park Zoo– Located on Scott Street, this is a beautiful place to bring the entire family. Some of this Lafayette attraction's notable aspects include observation domes, a butterfly garden, a petting zoo, free-roaming animals, and play spaces for kids.
- Tee Off Golf Driving Range –You will find this innovative driving range located on Memorial Parkway East, where you can practice your swing and explore an 18-hole virtual golf course.
- Exploration Acres –Outdoor activities in good weather with the addition of special events during the fall season; this is what you will find at this destination on Newcastle Road. There are various activities for kids, like the tractor train, pedal carts, play area, and trike track. Fall brings the corn maze, hayrides, and pumpkin patch.
Why Are Dehumidifiers Part of Flood Damage Cleanup? SERVPRO Has the Right Equipment for All Lafayette Water Clean Up Jobs!
After a storm, calling SERVPRO to your Lafayette property ensures water removal services, moisture control, basement flooding cleanup, and drying. To facilitate the project, we bring a vast assortment of equipment to the job site.
For flood damage in Lafayette, some of the equipment we bring into a storm-ravaged property will be dehumidifiers. Some of the reasons a dehumidifier is imperative for any water damage restoration job to include:
- They remove moisture from the air after evaporation.
- Proper positioning circulates the air to facilitate drying.
- Dehumidifiers offer a continuous source of valuable dry air.
Our SERVPRO of Lafayette crew uses unique formulas to ensure the right equipment gets used for all emergency services water damage calls. If you need help with flood damage after a storm, call us at (765) 420-0077.