Well-Trained and Equipped Crews Are Why SERVPRO Is the Lafayette Fire and Odor Removal Industry Leader
Let SERVPRO show you all the reasons why for your Lafayette fire damage.
What looks and smells like a chaotic mess in your Lafayette home after a fire follows a scientific arc that is predictable and remediable using research-based strategies and appropriate tools. Our commitment to the highest-quality training for our employees as well as cutting edge equipment is why we deliver consistently superior results.
Debris and Residue Creation and Movement
The soot coatings and stench requiring fire and odor removal in Lafayette have one source. As heat and flames move through your home, the structural components and contents burned and superheated create minute particles of incompletely combusted materials and emit volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Some of these substances remain airborne, and others seek a cooler surface upon which to deposit. The hot air currents can carry debris far from the point of origin. Our comprehension of the process, supported by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) training and experience, is why we swiftly match professional-grade products, techniques, and equipment to eliminate the soot and the smells.
Principles of Fire Damage Cleaning
Our goal is to return the structure and contents of your home to their preloss conditions. We do this by applying the following research-based principles to your specific scenario. Mastery of these principles during IICRC training is why SERVPRO can have your complete confidence.
- Location of residues through careful inspection of all spaces in your home
- Identification of
- Residue type -- dry, wet, or protein
- Affected surface characteristics -- porosity, texture, durability
- Followed by a determination of the proper products and techniques to effectively remove residues from damaged surfaces
- Capture and removal of residues by breaking the bonds and releasing the soot into a suspension that carries the particles away
- Disposal of residues according to local regulations and best practices
Basic Deodorization Protocols
Soot and VOCs are also the carriers of odors. Effective deodorization is a science, another reason why SERVPRO invests in up-to-date training and equipment. The general procedure to remove odor includes the following:
- Remove the source and debris
- Clean odor-bearing (sooty) surfaces everywhere in the home
- Recreate conditions causing odors to penetrate -- thermal fogging as an example
- Sealing surfaces that persistently resist other odor controls
Innovative Deodorizing Options
We check out and invest in advanced odor-eliminating technology continuously. Access to hydroxyl generators and ozone machines is why SERVPRO can adapt the basic protocols above to manage your particular situation. These machines change odor-bearing particulates at the molecular level. Neutralized or changed to inoffensive byproducts, the fire damage and odor removal is complete.
Research-based results are why SERVPRO of Lafayette delivers peace of mind after we complete fire and odor removal services. Call (765) 420-0077 to arrange an assessment.
To find out more about Lafayette, click here.